An authentic punjabi , dhaba taste aloo paratha. Aloo paratha is a delicious bread and potato mix that is full of spices and perfect served with a hearty curry recipe.
Time: 40 minutes
- Whole wheat flour (atta) 2 cups
- Potato boiled 2 medium
- Pomegranate seeds (anardana)1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli chopped 1
- Salt to taste
- Butter 4 tablespoons
- Sieve flour with half a teaspoon of salt. Mix with three-fourth cup of water gradually and knead to make a smooth dough. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for fifteen
- Grate the potatoes. Grind pomegranate seeds to a coarse powder. Mix potatoes, pomegranate seeds, red chilli powder, green chilli and salt. Divide it into four equal portions
- Divide dough into eight equal portions and make pedas.
- Cover with a wet cloth and keep aside for five minutes. Take a peda and flatten it by pressing. Place potato mixture on it and again make it into a peda.
- Seal the edges completely so that potato stuffing does not come out. Flatten these pedas, sprinkle a little flour and roll them with a rolling pin to approximately six-inch
- diameter. This is now called a parantha.
- Heat a tawa, place parantha on it and cook on moderate heat for three minutes. Turn it and pour half a tablespoon of oil or butter, spread it on parantha and shallow fry
- over low heat.
- Turn it and again pour half a tablespoon of oil or butter on other side. Cook on low heat till golden brown. Serve hot with fresh yogurt or mango pickle.