Lauki Pancakes is a Sattvik recipe which will surely change your hostile views about bottle gourd (lauki).
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 medium grated bottle gourd
- 2 tablespoon semolina
- 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- salt as required
- refined oil as required
- water as required
- 4 chopped green chillies
- 2 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- To start with, make a batter by combining grated bottle gourd, green chilies, semolina, salt, garam masala, red
- chili powder, carom seeds, coriander leaves, gram flour and little amount of water in a deep bowl. Mix them
- well and make it into an evenly smooth batter. The batter should neither be too thick nor too thin, if you find it
- thick then add more water to make it even.
- Now, heat a little oil on a non-stick pan and spread a spoonful of batter on the pan. Cook it over a high flame
- until it is golden brown from the side facing pan. Sprinkle some oil along the sides and on top of the pancakes.
- When done, gently flip the pancake and similarly, cook from the other side as well until golden brown. Cook as
- many pancakes as possible from the remaining batter.
- When the pancakes are cooked, transfer them to a serving plate and serve it with any chutney of your choice.
- Serve them hot.