Cauliflower and Mascarpone Soup is a popular Continental recipe that you can prepare on a chilly winter evening.
Time: 30 minutes
- 150 gm cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon celery
- 1 teaspoon butter
- black pepper as required
- 1 teaspoon mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion
- 1 teaspoon leek
- 200 ml veg stock
- salt as required
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- To prepare this mouth-watering soup recipe, finely chop onion, garlic, leek, and celery in separate bowls. Wash
- the cauliflower and cut into florets and keep aside.
- Now, put a pan on medium flame and heat a little oil in it. When the oil is hot enough, add the chopped garlic
- along with onion and saute for a few seconds until the raw smell goes away. Then, add in the chopped leeks
- and saute for about a minute. Afterwards, add the cauliflower florets and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Then, pour in the veg stock in the pan and season with salt and black pepper as per your taste. Cook the
- cauliflower florets till they are soft enough to puree. Switch off the burner and let the mixture cool at room
- temperature. Once cool enough, run it in a blender to a fine puree.
- Transfer the puree to a pan and cook for about a minute, and add in more stock for a finishing consistency. Stir
- in the butter and mascarpone cheese, and serve hot.