Strawberry Tea Cake is a delicious dessert recipe that you can make for your loved ones anytime.
Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 250 gm all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 gm margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 ml lime juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 gm powdered sugar
- 2 egg
- 250 ml milk
- 10 pieces strawberry
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius and prepare a loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 Inch) by greasing with margarine
- and dusting with all purpose flour.
- Add lime juice in milk and stir well. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Then cut strawberries into half and toss them in 1 tablespoon sugar. Cover and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Sieve and sift all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda together twice and set aside.
- Whisk sugar, margarine and vanilla extract together. Add one egg at a time and whisk until mixture is pale and
- fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Do not over mix.
- Stir the milk mixture once again and add all purpose flour and milk alternately in 3:2 ratio into the egg mixture
- and mix with spatula until everything is nicely mixed. Batter should be smooth and lump free.
- Pour the cake batter into previously prepared loaf pan, smooth the surface with spatula.
- Now take the sugar coated halved strawberries and arrange them on top of cake batter. You can add few
- chopped strawberries in the batter too if you wish. Discard the sugary water.
- Pop the pan at the middle rack of preheated oven and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 60-70 minutes or until the
- top has risen and the colour has changed to brown.
- Take a skewer and insert in the middle, if it comes out clean and dry, crumble cake is done; otherwise bake for
- another 5-10 minutes
- Remove the pan from oven and keep on wire rack to cool down slightly. Then unmould and let the cake cool on
- room temperature. Enjoy!