These bite sized chocolate and caramel tarts are perfect for to impress your guests. The dark chocolate balances the sweet and salty caramel for an incredibly indulgent experience.
Time: 30 minutes
- For Tarts:
- 375 gms flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 gms butter
- 16 Tbsp cocoa powder
- For the Salted Caramel:
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 14 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 stick vanilla pod
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together. Add butter, sugar until the mixture is creamy and smooth slowly.
- Add eggs a little at a time. Prepare a dough. Roll dough on a light floured surface, shape dough into flat disks
- and fold it a bit.
- Dock with fork by placing a few small holes in the bottom of the dough to allow air through. Bake till the crust
- gets light brown in colour (20 minutes-baking time).
- Once the shell cools a bit, fill it the salted caramel chocolate filing.
- For the Salted Caramel: Warm the cream to infuse vanilla. In a pot caramelise the sugar.
- When the sugar turns amber,add the infused cream and melted dark chocolate.
- Boil this mixture again and add the butter and a pinch of sea salt. Cool the mixture. Place it over the freshly
- prepared tarts.