‘King of Indian sweets’, Rasgulla or roshogullas (in Bengali) is a very popular traditional Bengali dessert made with fresh paneer.
Time: 1 hr 15 minutes
- 800 gm paneer
- 400 gm sugar
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 500 ml water
- 2 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- For making this famous dessert recipe, place the paneer, flour and cardamom powder in a bowl. Knead well till
- smooth. You might require a lot of rubbing and kneading with your hands. Remember, you cannot make soft
- rasgullas if you do not make a smooth and soft dough.
- Now make small balls from this dough. Ensure the balls are smooth and crack-free.
- Boil water in a pan. Add sugar and make a syrup of one string consistency. Reduce the flame so that the
- temperature of the syrup slightly comes down.
- Slowly drop the balls one by one and allow them to simmer in the syrup for 5-10 minutes. Once they swell up
- and appeared cooked, remove from fire and allow to cool. Add rose syrup, mix well and serve.