Considered ‘King of Indian sweets’, Rasgulla or roshogullas (in Bengali) is a very popular traditional Bengali dessert made with fresh cottage cheese (chena).
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 800 gm paneer
- 400 gm sugar
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 500 ml water
- 2 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- For making this famous dessert recipe, place the paneer, flour and cardamom powder in a bowl.Knead all these
- ingredients into a smooth dough. Remember, you cannot make soft rasgullas, if you do not make a smooth
- and soft dough. Another trick to make it flavoursome is to add some cardamom powder while kneading this
- will accentuate the taste.
- Now make small balls from this dough. Ensure the balls are smooth and crack-free. To prepare the balls, you
- need to put some refined oil in hand, this will bind the dough easily and ease the process of making the balls.
- Boil water in a pan. Add sugar and make a syrup of one string consistency. Reduce the flame so that the
- temperature of the syrup slightly comes down.
- Slowly drop the balls one by one and allow them to simmer in the syrup for 5-10 minutes. Once they rise up
- and appear cooked, remove from fire and allow to cool. Add rose syrup, mix well and serve.