Seviyan is a traditional North Indian recipe especially made during festivals.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup vermicelli
- 10 clove
- 4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 green cardamom
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoon rose water
- For Garnishing
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped almonds
- For making this delicious dessert recipe, heat clarified butter in a kadhai over moderate flame. Once the butter
- melts, add cloves and green cardamoms. Saute well for 2 to 3 minutes to release the aromatic oils into the
- clarified butter.
- Now, add the vermicelli and fry for 2 to 3 minutes without breaking it.
- Then, add milk and bring to a boil. While the milk is simmering, add the brown sugar stirring gently so that it
- gets dissolved. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes till the vermicelli becomes soft. Mix the raisins and stir for another 5
- Now, add the rose water. Stir till the mixture is thick. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool. Garnish with
- some almonds.
- Keep it in the fridge to chill and serve after lunch/dinner. You can also serve this dessert recipe as an evening