Relish the lip smacking parsi dessert, Ravo on this navroz special
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 litre buffalo milk
- 4 tbsp sugar (according to taste)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp semolina
- Vanilla or rosewater flavouring
- Roasted or butter-fried almonds, charoli and raisins to garnish
- Boil the litre of buffalo milk. Then add the sugar, keep stirring and boil till the quantity reduces a little. Keep
- stirring until the sugar has melted.
- Next, add the butter. When that melts, carefully sprinkle the semolina over the surface. Keep stirring
- constantly or the semolina will clump. Stir until the mixture thickens. Turn off the flame, making sure that
- there are no lumps in the mixture.
- (Sometimes, we vary the steps a little, by lightly frying the semolina in the butter for a little while, then adding
- the sugar and then pouring in hot milk.)
- Keep stirring until it has reached room temperature.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla or pure rosewater, if you like. Pour it into your serving dish and sprinkle with fried or roasted
- raisins and almonds. Serve with a smile!