- 200g roasted vermicelli
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 9 dessert spoons of sugar
- Roasted or fried almonds, charoli and raisins to garnish
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan*. Add a dash of oil into the pan and then throw in the sev and roast for a few
- minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Add the sugar and stir for 3-4 minutes, then add the water, a little at a time. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir very gently, making sure the vermicelli does not break. Keep stirring or else the sugar will not melt but
- don’t overcook. The strands of vermicelli should be soft, yet separate – you do not want a lumpy mess.
- If you like, you may add vanilla essence or cardamom-nutmeg powder for flavouring. Garnish with slivers of
- almonds and raisins.