Try this Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream made with milk, egg yolks and peppermint which is a true summer delight.
Time: 2 hr 15 min
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pureed peppermint leaves
- 2 Egg Yolk
- Boil the milk and allow it to cool down to room temperature. Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add sugar, peppermint extract and blend well. Add half of the milk and whisk well.
- Transfer this to the milk pan and simmer over low flame. Stir constantly until slightly thickened. Do not allow
- it to boil or it will curdle.
- Strain this mixture and allow it to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a freezer safe bowl and cover with a lid.
- Keep it in the fridge for 2 hours. Remove and whisk well.
- Add the chocolate chips and keep it in the fridge for another 2 hours or until firm. Serve.