This delicious sweet dish is prepared using milk, rice and nuts.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 litre milk
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- 1 teaspoon dry rose petals
- 100 gm sugar
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- Wash and soak the kulhad. Soak the rice and then wash it under cold running water. After soaking rice, take a
- bowl and add water in it. Then add dry fruits and soak them for few minutes.
- Take a saucepan and add milk to it. Heat it over high flame. Bring the milk to a boil. Cook the milk till the milk
- thickens a little. Add the rice and cook on slow fire till the kheer thickens. Add the sugar and cook till it
- thickens stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Now add the dry fruits and elaichi powder and remove from fire. Pour the kheer in individual kulhads and
- allow it to cool. Decorate with rose petals and sliced pistachios and serve.