Balushahi is a conventional North Indian sweet dish which can be easily found in Indian weddings and festivities.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup refined oil
- 6 tablespoon ghee
- 5 tablespoon yoghurt (curd)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- For Garnishing
- pistachios as required
- Sieve the all purpose flour and the baking soda together. Add ghee and mix properly with your hand. Now add
- the curd and make a semi soft dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep aside for an hour.
- Make small round shaped balls with the dough, flatten it slightly and make a depression in the center with your
- Heat oil on low flame and fry these on very low flame till it becomes golden brown in color. Keep aside to cool
- Boil the sugar and water together to make a two thread consistency syrup. Add the balushahi to the slightly
- warm sugar syrup.
- Keep it soaked for 10 minutes and then take out from the syrup. Put a pistachio in the centre and serve.