Deliciously smooth and creamy, this custard apple kheer is one of the most comforting desserts.
Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 5 large custard apples
- 100 gm jaggery
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup broken green gram (roasted)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp almond flakes
- 1 Tbsp pistachio flakes
- 3-4 cups water
- Wash & peel the custard apple, separating the seeds and pulp.
- Discard the seeds and store the pulp in refrigerated condition.
- In a pressure cooker, place the roasted green gram and add 3 cups water, cook it till soft. (3 whistles) In a non-
- stick pan place the jaggery and cardamom powder and cook till the jaggery melts.
- Add the cooked green gram & custard apple pulp to the jaggery mixture mix well, add coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil.Garnish with nuts serve chilled.
- Tip: Using khajoor ka gur instead of sugar cane jaggery, gives it a good texture.