Put down the hoagie, and make this shareable savory pastry instead.
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 lb ribeye, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cans of crescent dough
- 10 slices of provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg wash for brushing
- Italian seasoning, for garnish
- Warm Cheez Whiz, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a skillet, melt half the butter and quickly sear ribeye until caramelized.
- Remove ribeye, then sauté onions and peppers with garlic powder until caramelized.
- Prepare the crescent ring by greasing a pizza pan. Arrange dough triangles with pointy side facing out, overlapping slightly to form a circle.
- Place a slice of provolone in the middle and repeat around the circle with a total of 10 slices.
- Top with beef and caramelized onions/peppers, topping with remaining 10 cheese slices.
- Fold over triangles to seal, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Slice and enjoy with a bowl of warm Cheez Whiz in the center.