Caramel Custard is a traditional French dessert with creamy caramel over silky custard.
Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cup milk
- 3 egg
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Take quarter cup of sugar in a thick-bottomed pan. Add a few drops of water and heat till the sugar
- caramelizes. Then pour the caramel into a deep bowl or mould and let it settle by cooling.
- Now, heat milk in another bowl and add 2 1/2 cups of water in it. Break eggs into the bowl. Add half cup of
- sugar, vanilla essence and whisk the mixture gently till frothy.
- Add little warm milk over this mixture and mix well. Strain the mixture and pour the egg-milk mixture into the
- mould with the caramel. Cover with aluminum foil and place it in the cooker. Cover with lid and steam for 25-
- 30 minutes. Do not use the whistle. Remove when done.
- Serve the custard turned out with caramel side up, either hot or cold. You can serve this delicious dessert recipe
- on special occasions like kitty parties and pot lucks.