This is a scrumptious and easy recipe. If you have leftovers, have the beans on a salad the next day.
Time: 30 to 40 minutes
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, drained
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes (low sodium)
- ½ c. frozen corn niblets, thawed
- 1 c. hot cooked rice
- ¼ c. jalapeño jack cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Sauté ¾ cup onions, garlic, and bay leaves in oil.
- Add black beans, cilantro, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and corn.
- Simmer until heated through and flavors meld.
- Make a mold of cooked rice on a platter.
- Pour bean mixture over the rice.
- Garnish with ¼ cup chopped onions.
- Sprinkle cheese over the beans.