Poha Oats Dosa is a South Indian recipe made using oats, yogurt, pressed rice, semolina and rice flour.
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup semolina
- 1 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 1 cup pressed rice
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 teaspoon refined oil
- Take a jar and add oats, poha/ flatten rice, semolina and grind it into a fine powder. In a mixing bowl put
- grounded flour, rice flour, yogurt and salt to taste. Mix it well.
- Add water gradually to make a medium thick smooth batter just like idli batter. The consistency of the batter
- should be pourable.
- Mix it well with spoon so that there are no lumps in the batter. Take a non-stick pan and heat the pan on
- medium flame. Do not make the pan too hot otherwise batter will not stick to the pan. Once the pan becomes
- slightly hot, pour 2-3 spoonful batter towards the center and spread the batter in a circular motion.
- Drizzle little oil around and on the top of the dosa, cook for 2-3 minutes from downwards on medium flame till
- it becomes brown and crisp.
- After 2-3 minutes, flip it over and cook from other side too. Once both the sides get cooked and dosa becomes
- brown and crisp, remove it from the tawa and in the same way spread the rest of the batter to make dosa.
- To make a spicy dosa, spread the batter with a spoon in a circular motion and sprinkle some finely chopped
- green chilly on top, slightly press it with the spatula.
- Drizzle little oil around and on the top of the dosa, cook on medium flame till it becomes brown and crisp.
- Instant poha oats dosa is ready to serve.