A traditional Italian bread recipe enjoyed as a side dish with pastas and macaroni recipes, Olive Oil Bread is a simple dish that can be made easily.
Time: 30 minutes
- 350 gm all purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- For Dough
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 15 gm dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine warm water, sugar, salt, yeast and olive oil. Mix it well. Then add 2 cups of flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead in some additional flour so that dough is soft and not sticky.
- Now place the kneaded dough in a greased bowl and cover it. Let it rise until doubled in size.
- Now make balls or loaf shape by punching down the dough and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Cover for
- 20 minutes until it rises.
- Now bake the loaf in a pre-heated oven for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Now mix egg whites and one tablespoon water in a small bowl. Take out the bread and brush this egg mix on it.
- Bake again for more 5 minutes for that shiny effect. Enjoy this side dish recipe with pastas.