Oats Upma is a combination of oats, chana dal, curry leaves and a variety of veggies.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup oats
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 teaspoon chana dal
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 pinches salt
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 2 medium onion
- 5 green chilli
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup water
- 1 handful curry leaves
- For Garnishing
- 2 sprigs basil
- For The Main Dish
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 2 carrot
- For making this easy South Indian recipe, peel and chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Place a pan over medium flame and heat 1 tsp of oil in it. Fry the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and dal till
- mustard seeds start to splutter.
- Add chopped onions and saute till light golden brown. Now add green chillies along with chopped ginger in the
- pan, and stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables and pour water. Bring to a boil. Add oats and salt. Mix well and cover the pan with a
- lid. Simmer till the oats are done.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve with chutney of your choice.