Cinnamon Churros is an American take on the classic Spanish churros recipe, which uses cinnamon sugar as a flavouring agent to the churros.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- To start with, whisk together the egg, egg yolk, 3 tablespoon of sugar, orange juice and peel, vanilla extract and
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a large bowl. Then slowly fold in the flour in this mixture, and gently
- combine until a batter of thick consistency is formed. In the meanwhile, combine the remaining sugar and
- cinnamon powder in a different bowl. Keep this aside.
- Now in a heavy-bottomed frying pan, heat the oil on medium flame. Pour in the batter in a piping bag with a
- star-shaped nozzle. Pipe in about 3-4 inches long ribbons of the batter in the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the
- frying pan, put them in batches. Fry until golden brown.
- Lastly, transfer the hot churros in the bowl containing cinnamon powder and sugar. Toss the churros in the
- bowl to coat the powder on the churros evenly. Serve hot with hot chocolate or vanilla ice cream.