Muesli is what I have for breakfast and something I adore because it is literally packed with all that one needs to kick start the day. This is one food item that is on the top of my FAVOURITE FOOD list.
Time: 25 minutes
- Oats Use Porridge 2 cups
- Dried apricots 1/4 cup
- Almonds 15-20
- Blackcurrants 1/4 cup
- Corn flakes 1 cup
- Dried figs 1/4 cup
- Strawberries as required
- Honey to taste
- Milk Cold/Hot as required
- Yogurt as required
- Dry roast porridge oats. Chop apricots and figs. Slice the almonds. Transfer the roasted oats in to a bowl. Add almonds, black currants, cornflakes, apricots and mix.
- Store in an airtight container to use when required. You can also add dried pineapple, banana etc. While serving take a little of the mixture into a bowl. Add figs. You can
- now add fresh fruits like strawberries if you wish.
- If you like it sweet, add honey. Add cold milk and serve. You can also add hot milk if you prefer it that way. You can also serve muesli with yogurt. For this take some muesli
- in a bowl. Add figs, strawberries, honey and yogurt.
- Mix and let it stand for about five to ten minutes before serving.