It is an amazingly tasty dish that your kids will also love for sure! Try it!
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 kilograms rice
- 2 cup coconut
- salt as required
- 6 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 4 cup water
- For The Main Dish
- 1 cup rice
- Take a large bowl and soak 1 kg rice in it for about 5 hours and then drain out the water from the bowl. Now in
- the meanwhile takes a small vessel and soaks 1 cup rice in it that will be cooked. After soaking the rice for 20
- minutes, boil them in a cooker with a cup water on a medium flame for a whistle.
- Now take a food processor and blend together cooked rice and grated coconut in it. Then take a bowl and add
- sugar, dry yeast, salt and boiled water in it. Leave the mixture unattended for half an hour. After half an hour,
- mix both the mixtures well and combine them together.
- Let the batter ferment for about 8-9 hours. Put a pan on medium flame and spread the mixture in it. Now cover
- the pan with a lid and heat for 3-4 minutes, then reduce the flame to low. The appam is now ready, enjoy it
- with your choice of curry.