Keep your guilt away with this easy-to-make Ice Cream that’s super healthy!
Time: 40 minutes
- 135 gm unsalted pistachios
- 4 egg yolk
- 85 gm brown sugar
- For The Main Dish
- 550 ml heavy cream
- Take around 70 grams of pistachios and put them in the food processor, along with half of the sugar and blend
- into a smooth paste until fine.
- Chop the remaining pistachios with a sharp knife on a chopping board.
- Now, whisk the egg yolks and add the remaining sugar to the bowl. Blend the mixture with an electric blender
- until thick and creamy.
- Now, take a heavy-bottomed pan and place the cream in it along with finely grounded pistachios over medium
- flame and bring it to a boil.
- When its boiled, remove the pan from the flame immediately and pour the mixture on the egg yolks by
- whisking rigorously.
- Now pour the pistachio custard on the pan and stir on low heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from the
- burner when it’s done.
- Let it stand until the mixture is cool enough. Now place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Now place the pistachio custard in an ice cream maker by slowly folding in the hand-chopped pistachios.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe container now and freeze for minimum of two hours. Your healthy
- pistachio ice cream is ready to be served!