Orange Chicken, this American-Chinese specialty has crispy chicken tossed in sweet, tangy and savoury sauce.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- salt as required
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 cup chopped chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- red pepper as required
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- Pour 1 tbsp corn flour and egg whites in a large bowl. Whisk it for a minute till the paste becomes thick. Add
- chicken to the mixture and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce, whisk orange juice, sugar, sesame oil, crush red pepper, ginger, garlic, salt, vinegar, and
- soy sauce in a non-stick pan and heat till the mixture becomes thick and bubbles start to appear.
- Take another small bowl, add 1 tbsp corn flour and ½ cup of water. Mix it well. Also, add corn flour slurry to the
- paste and mix it for a minute till it becomes thick.Step 4
- In a deep-bottomed pan, add vegetable oil and heat it on medium flame. Once heated, carefully add chicken
- into the oil and fry it till it turns golden brown.Take out chicken pieces on an absorbent paper.
- Drop the chicken pieces into the oil again for a minute. Later toss them in the sauce and serve.