This one’s for all the chicken lovers out there. It is a traditional Kerala style chicken curry with roasted coconut masala.
Time: 50 minutes
- 400 gm chopped chicken
- 7 chopped tomato
- 8 curry leaves
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 star anise
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- salt as required
- 5 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped,grated coconut
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 green cardamom
- 4 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- For Garnishing
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame. Add star anise, bay leaf, ginger, curry leaves, cardamoms, black
- peppercorns and fry for a minute.
- Now add coconut and stir-fry for a minute or so. Remove, cool and grind to a fine powder.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium flame. Add onions, fennel seeds and chicken pieces and saute them for
- 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the ground masala, ginger garlic paste and stir well. Add the tomatoes and stir again. Sprinkle a little
- water. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes and remove.
- Kerala Chicken Curry is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti.