Cook Time: 20 Minutes
The ideal sinful breakfast recipe, this can be an all time favorite. Have it as a dessert or enjoy it for breakfast, this waffle cake will satisfy your taste buds.
2 cups of refined flour Refined flour
1/2 tsp of salt
2 Tbsp of sugar
1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 3/4 cups of buttermilk
2 eggs separated
4 Tbsp of butter
1/2 tsp of vanilla extracts
Cooking spray for waffle iron
For Maple Nut Cream Cheese Spread
1 cup of cream cheese
1 cup of whipped cream
4 Tbsp of maple syrup
3 Tbsp of walnuts
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda.
- Mix together the buttermilk (or buttermilk substitute) and the egg yolks. Stir in vanilla.
- Spray the waffle iron well and preheat it. Stir the wet into the dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl with a whisk or electric mixer (make sure bowl and mixer are spotlessly clean) until they hold soft peaks. Stir them gently into the batter.
- Spread a ladleful or so of batter onto the waffle iron and bake until the waffle is done, usually 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your iron. Spray iron with cooking spray between waffles as needed.
- To make Maple Cream Cheese spread, simply combine nuts, syrup, whipped cream and cream cheese and mix well.
- Now put the icing and waffle layer alternatively to form a cake and cover the sides with icing.
- Leave the top without icing and top it up with maple syrup.