A great vegetarian delicacy on your platter, Jain Cholay Rajma Rice.
Time: 30 minutes
- Chickpeas (kabuli chana) soaked and boiled 1 cup
- Kidney beans soaked and boiled 1 cup
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon 1 inch stick
- Fresh tomato puree ½ cup
- White sesame seeds 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1 tablespoon
- Fresh parsley chopped 1 tablespoon
- Fresh mint leaves 1 tablespoon chopped + for garnishing
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Fresh mint leaves for garnishing
- Heat one tablespoon oil ina non-stick pan and add cinnamon, tomato puree, sesame seeds, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt and mix well. Cook for two to three minutes.
- Add chickpeas and kidney beans and mix well. Add one and a half cups water and let it cook for about five to ten minutes or till oil rises to the surface.
- Now add coriander leaves, parsley, mint leaves and one tablespoon olive oil and mix well.
- Finally add lemon juice and mix well. Switch off the heat.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot garnished with mint leaves.