Bacon wrapped chicken elevates this humble dish into a whole new level. The bacon adds a delightfully smoky flavor, and also keeps the chicken breast extra juicy. The honey-mustard sauce finishes the dish, creating a delicacy out of the simplest of ingredients.
Time: 40 minutes + marinating time
- Makes about 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pound (680g) 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup (120g) Stubbss Chicken Marinade
- 1/3 cup (80g) Stubbs Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 8 bacon slices
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise.
- Season chicken with Stubbs Chicken Marinade, which is a blend of citrus, onion and garlic that packs a fresh flavor with undertones of mustard seed and ginger while the acid from the citrus will make a moist and tender meat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush all sides of chicken with Stubbs Spicy BBQ Sauce ((tangy tomato, vinegar, molasses, habanero, cayenne and black peppers) Wrap a piece of bacon around each piece of chicken.
- Place chicken on a greased grill.
- Bake for 15 minutes.Baste with BBQ Sauce and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Baste one more time and return to oven for 5 minutes. Serve with some fresh salad and more sauce.