Corn Cheese Balls is a perfect starter recipe and will be loved by all age groups and kids will love it for sure as it has the best combination of sweet corn and cheese in it.When mittus holidays started I had few recipes in mind and one among them was this corn cheese balls.It was a double bonanza for me to click pictures and serve her favourite too.As its raining here, there is a excuse for deep fried snacks now. 🙂
Time: 35 minutes
- Sweet Corn – 1 cup
- Grated Cheese – 1/3 cup
- Potato – 1 medium sized
- Maida – 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Cornflour – 1.5 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 3/4 tsp
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Bread Crumbs – as needed
- Salt – to taste
- Rinse potatoes, cut into half and Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.Peel off the skin,and mash it well.Set aside.Pressure cook sweet corn for 5 whistles with little salt and required water.Drain water completely and set aside.
- In a blender, add corn and blend it to a coarse mixture.Do this in batches and collect in a bowl.Add mashed potato,grated cheese,1 tbsp maida,cornflour,red chilli powder,garam masala powder,pepper powder,oregano and required salt.
- Mix well to form a thick dough.Shape them into balls and arrange them in a plate.I just made few balls for click sake and reserved the rest for later use.
- Take 2 tbsp maida in a bowl , add little water and make a thick paste.Dip each ball in the maida mixture coat it well.Then dip it in breadcrumb mixture.Roll over to make sure it is coated evenly.
- Heat oil, deep fry the balls in oil till golden brown.Fry in batches, I used my small pan so fried just 3-4 balls at a time.Drain in tissue paper.
Serve hot !