Learn to make healthy idlis absolutely low on carbs, made with oats and grated carrots. Ideal for those who are calorie conscious.
Time: 30 minutes
- Grated carrots
- Roasted, crushed oats
- A little oil, mustard seeds, cuury leaves, chana dal, urad dal and green chillies
- Roast the oats in a pan, crush the roasts until it turned into the fine powder.
- Add grated carrots to the oats powder along with the salt and curd.
- In a frying pan add some oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal and curry leaves allow it to splutter.
- Add this mixture to the idli batter.
- Mix the batter well and let it be of thick consistency.
- Grease the idli pan with oil then steam the idli until it gets cooked.
- Add some baking soda in the batter to make them fluffy. (tips)
- Enjoy Oats idli with coconut chutney and sambar.