Craving for something delicious yet easy to prepare, then this Chocolate Fudge cake is a perfect recipe to go for!
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 150 gm caster sugar
- 3 egg
- 1/4 cup powdered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 400 gm dark chocolate
- 150 gm butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 100 ml milk
- For Garnishing
- 100 gm caster sugar
- Grease a 19 cm cake tin and bottom lined with parchment paper. Keep aside until required. Mix the butter and
- sugar in a bowl. Whisk well until pale and fluffy.
- Break the eggs into a bowl. Now, add flour, almonds, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk and mix well until smooth. Dust the edges of the cake tin with cocoa and pour the mixture.
- Place the tin into a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius and bake for about 40 minutes. Remove and cool for
- 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake and invert onto a wire rack. Allow it to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, heat sugar in a large pan. Pour 400 ml of water and simmer until it has a one-string
- consistency. Remove from flame.
- Add the chocolate and whisk well, until smooth and chocolate has fully melted. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Spread the frosting all over the cake. Garnish the way you like. Allow it to set and cut into slices. Serve warm
- with a scoop of ice cream.