Grill up a batch of juicy prawns for your summer barbecue feast. They’re easy to prepare, quick to cook and full of zingy flavours.
Time: 1 hour
- 24 Prawns, large raw, peeled but leave tails on
- 8 Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- ½ cup Plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 handful Coriander, chopped, to serve
- 3 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp Smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp Ground cumin
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 1½ Tbsp Honey, melted
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Combine the prawns with marinade and leave in fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat barbecue to medium high heat. Lift prawns out of marinade (reserving any leftover marinade) and thread 3 prawns (or 6 smaller prawns) on
- to each bamboo skewer.
- Season prawns with a little salt and cook on barbecue for 2 minutes, turning once.
- Heat remaining marinade in a small pot on the stove top, or in the microwave, then mix with yoghurt and coriander.
- Serve prawn skewers with yoghurt sauce to dip. Alternatively remove prawns from skewers and toss with mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes and the yoghurt sauce.