Ragda Pattice is topped with green chutney, sweet chutney, some onion, pomegranate raita. Mumbai Ragda Patties recipe is one of the most popular snack of Mumbai street food.
Time: 30 minutes
- Dried white peas 1 1/4 cups
- Potatoes boiled and mashed 4 large
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour/ corn starch 2 tablespoons
- Green chillies chopped 2-3
- Oil to shallow fry
- Green chutney as required
- Sweet date and tamarind chutney as required
- Onions chopped 2 medium
- Chaat masala 2 teaspoons
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Soak dried peas in three cups of water for about six hours. Drain and boil in three to four cups of water with turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt till soft. Mash the peas
- Add a little water if too thick and simmer for ten minutes. Keep the ragda hot. Add cornflour, green chillies and salt to potatoes and mix well. Divide into eight equal
- portions and shape into balls. Flatten slightly.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry pattice gently on both sides on medium heat till evenly browned. Keep warm. To serve, place two pattice on a plate and pour ragda on
- Drizzle green chutney and sweet date and tamarind chutney, sprinkle onions, chaat masala and coriander leaves. Similarly make other servings. Serve immediately.