Walnut Waffles with Date Drizzle is a delicious dessert recipe that can win anyone’s heart in an instant!
Time: 40 minutes
- 300 gm wheat flour
- salt as required
- 2 egg
- 40 gm honey
- 80 gm chopped,toasted walnuts
- 30 ml dates chutney
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 170 ml buttermilk
- 70 gm melted butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 sliced banana
- To prepare this dessert recipe, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a large mixing
- bowl. Now, whisk together the eggs in a jug along with the buttermilk, milk, honey and melted butter. Now,
- add the wet ingredients in the bowl containing the dry ingredients and whisk it well until you get a smooth
- batter. Set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Now, grease your waffle iron liberally with 1 teaspoon of butter. Sprinkle 60 grams of chopped walnuts, and
- heat until hot. Now, pour the waffle batter in the greased iron and cook the batter in batches until all the batter
- is used up. Once done, transfer the waffles in a casserole and keeping them warm.
- For the sauce, add the remaining walnuts in a grinder jar and mix it with the remaining butter in a bowl. Now,
- place a sauce pan over medium flame and add coconut oil, walnut butter and date chutney in it. Mix it well and
- sprinkle a pinch of salt over it. Once it thickens, take it off the flame.
- Serve the waffles with the sliced bananas and drizzle with the date sauce. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts to
- finish and enjoy!