A hearty warm snack ready in just 20 minutes , Chicken Nachos – a perfect meal for a lazy day.
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 green onions, sliced, white parts and
- tops separated 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 shredded, cooked, whole chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/2 large tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic and white parts of the green onions in canola oil until tender. Mix in shredded chicken, salt and pepper. Toss
- until well coated with oil. Stir in the salsa.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a large baking sheet. Spoon the chicken mixture over tortilla chips. Top with Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend and tomato. Bake in the
- preheated oven 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion tops before serving.