A dish that will get any mouth watering- Karwari Prawns Dry
- Prawns (medium) cleaned and deveined 1 cup
- Onions finely chopped 2-3 medium
- Oil 1 tablespoon + to deep fry
- Egg 1
- Cornflour/ corn starch 2 tablespoons
- Green chilli paste ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Tomatoes finely chopped 2 medium
- Curry leaves 8-10
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1½ teaspoons
- Heat oil to deep fry.
- Break the egg in a bowl. Add cornflour, chilli paste and salt mix well. Add prawns and mix well.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Grind tomatoes, onions, half the curry leaves, black pepper powder and red chilli powder to a fine paste. Add water if required.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a pan. Add remaining curry leaves and ground masala and sauté for two to three minutes till the masala is cooked and the oil separates.
- Add the fried prawns and toss.
- Transfer into a serving bowl. Serve hot.