Kadhai Paneer is a very popular North Indian recipe made from paneer spiced with a melange of ingredients like kasoori methi, cheddar cheese, fresh cream.
Time: 45 minutes
- 250 gm paneer
- 5 tomato
- 1 medium chopped into cubes capsicum ( green pepper)
- 1/2 cube cheese-cheddar
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 medium chopped onion
- 3 medium green chilli
- 1 pinch kasoori methi powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- To make this easy recipe, heat ghee in a pan and add chopped onions. Pan fry the onions until aromatic and
- light golden brown.
- Grind tomatoes in a grinder to make puree and pour in the pan. Cook till masala leaves the sides of pan or ghee
- floats around the sides.
- Stir the mixture well and add ginger-garlic paste. Now add in the spices-red chilli powder, garam masala,
- coriander and turmeric powder.
- Add the cubed capsicum and the baby onions and some water to make smooth gravy. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now add paneer and kasuri methi into the pan and let cook on a medium flame for another 4-5 minutes. Now,
- stir in the cream gently.
- Garnish with some green chillies and half a cube of grated cheese and serve hot with rumali rotis or naans.