Idli Chaat is a scrumptious dish that you can easily prepare at home for your loved ones.
Time: 1 hour
- 5 idli
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 2 green chilli
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- curry leaves as required
- 3 tablespoon rice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 onion
- To prepare this yummy chaat recipe, cut the idlis into bite sized cubes. Next, make a thin batter by mixing
- together rice powder, chilli powder, asafoetida powder, salt and water. Then, heat coconut oil in a pan over
- medium flame. Once the oil is hot enough, dip these idli cubes in the batter and deep fry them till they are
- golden brown in colour. Once the idlis are done, keep them aside.
- Now, grind together grated coconut, green chili, ginger, coriander leaves and salt to make smooth coconut-
- coriander chutney. Then, beat thick curd to get a smooth consistency. Add 2 tablespoons of coriander chutney
- to it and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a pan over medium flame and add mustard seeds in it along with urad dal. Saute
- them for a few seconds and then add small onions, ginger and green chili in it. Fry the onions till they turn
- golden brown in colour. Turn off the flame and add a pinch of asafoetida over the fried onions. Put the fried
- idlis into curd, add the fried onions and chopped coriander leaves and garnish with chilli powder.