These delicious cookies are prepared with all purpose flour, icing sugar, butter, eggs and food colours.
Time: 50 minutes
- 400 gm butter
- 600 gm all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 gm icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- For Frosting
- 500 gm powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- edible food color as required
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, beat egg with vanilla extract.
- Take a large mixing bowl and whisk together flour, baking powder and salt till creamy. Divide it into two
- Shape both into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven at 175 degrees.
- In the meantime, flour the surface and roll each dough to 5mm thickness.
- Cut it into round pieces using a cookie cutter.
- Now, put them into the oven and bake them for 10 minutes or until the cookie edges turn light brown in
- Take them out and let them cool completely.
- Take a bowl and beat powdered sugar, egg whites and water to a thick consistency. Add food colours and
- decorate the cookies as desired.
- Let them sit for a few minutes and then serve!