Time: 40 minutes
- 25 fresh spinach (palak) leaves , washed and dried
- 1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- oil for deep-frying
- For Sprinkling
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- Combine the besan, chilli powder, salt and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and when hot, dip each spinach leaf in the besan batter and drop a few
- leaves at a time into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, remove and drain on an absorbent paper. Repeat for
- the remaining spinach leaves.
- Place the crispy spinach on a serving plate. Sprinkle a little chilli powder and a little roasted cumin seeds
- powder over each leaf and serve immediately.