Chicken Irani is an easy chicken recipe that goes perfectly well with any drink.
Time: 60 minutes
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom
- 1 cup refined oil
- 500 gm chicken boneless
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt as required
- For The Garnishing
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 onion
- Clean the chicken pieces in running water. Pat dry with a kitchen towel. Keep aside. Take 5-6 cups of water in a
- large pan and bring it to boil.
- Add chicken pieces with garlic, ginger, pepper and salt in the water. This step is important to infuse the aroma
- of the spices in the chicken.
- In a while the chicken will turn white. Boil till it is tender but not overcooked. When fully boiled, drain water
- and keep aside the cooked chicken.
- Take a bowl, beat egg whites in it and mix pepper and salt. Beat the eggs till they are fluffy and form soft peaks.
- Add cinnamon and cardamom powder. You can also add some garlic paste at this point.
- In a deep bottomed pan, add oil and heat it over moderate flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, dip the
- chicken pieces in the egg mixture and deep fry them on medium flame. Keep turning the sides so that the
- chicken is evenly cooked and crispy.
- Garnish with onion rings and chopped coriander. Serve with dip of your choice.